Thursday, March 22, 2007

School Bus

I made the decision to put the kids on the school bus for the journey back! I'd been deliberating for the longest time, as the journey is quite long (about 40 minutes). Then DH said something that struck me, which was: "I don't want my kids to grow up in cotton wool." Which is true!

This shuttling routine is quite tiring and tedious for me, as I reach work about 9, but have to leave about 10.55 again to fetch L's maid then the kids, drop them at home, buy lunch, and reach back to the office at about 12. It's disruptive to say the least, although I always appreciate the opportunity to catch up with the kids' teachers.

Anyway, with C going to P1 next year, this fetching routine (no pun intended) will only get worse. So why not start now? With 4 of them in the same bus, at least there'll be company in 'misery'. I think they will enjoy it though, once they get over the initial adjustments.

D-day is 2 April. I think I'm as nervous as them! LOL

2 comments:

Scrappy Days said...

There is this saying ... A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.

Know what I mean now. Thus don't feel bad about your decision. They have to start somewhere. Let it be here.

Sasha Farina said...

They will be okay!! trust me :)