Thursday, April 19, 2007

"I'm so excited!"

A mix of excitement, nervousness, stress and anticipation all in one - that's how I'm feeling right now. It's been a busy week, preparing for Fun with Fontwerks! and all. I'm really crossing my fingers and toes for it to turn out well. It's something I never thought we'd actually manage to pull off, and it'll be here in 2 days!

Today, I also did my Parent Involvement Group (PIG) session at the kids' kindy. And C's teacher was so nice as to let her pink group go for the Mini Pancakes cooking session! That sure made my day (and C's)!

Here's the recipe for Mini Pancakes (recipe makes approximately 6 medium pancakes):
(Time taken: 30 mins with a group of 5 kids. Probably just 15 if it's you and your kid :))

Ingredients:
125gm self-raising flour
50gm sugar
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
Method:
1) Mix sifted flour and sugar into mixing bowl.
2) Create a 'well' and pour in lightly beaten egg. Mix well.
3) Add in 1/2 cup milk and 1 tsp vegetable oil and mix well.
4) Heat up pan. Spoon mixture onto pan and cook till golden brown.

Voila! To add flavour, sift some icing sugar over the finished pancakes, or serve with ice-cream or maple syrup!

1 comment:

twosweetkids said...

haha.. ok my turn next week. A said mrs ong said his turn on Monday. haha. did u really do the icing sugar thing?