Monday, April 16, 2007

A gracious society

Singapore is a gracious society...no, really! Here's my story:

Yesterday, while shopping at VivoCity, I received a call on my handphone, from my family doctor's nurse! She told me that I had dropped my wallet, and someone picked it up, found the doctor's receipt and called the doctor to locate me! The finder had left her mobile number for me to call her back, which I did, and it turned out she was in the exact same shop (in the kids department) less than 3 metres away from me. Nothing was missing from the wallet, and I was really grateful! Imagine...cancelling my credit cards, remaking my identity card, driving licence etc would have been one big tedious task!

See, I'm quite sure if I'd dropped my purse in another crowded shopping centre, in another country, I'd have lost it for good! So, I'm glad I lost it in Singapore! (lol). Must be more careful though!!

3 comments:

meta-lodestar said...

You are so lucky! I've lost my wallet bef and it was a nightmare! I never saw it again...

Sasha Farina said...

oh you're SO LUCKY!!!!

Scrappy Days said...

Ya man! You are really lucky!