Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Latest crazes.

Recently, I've been caught up in all kinds of beauty-related crazes. Now I don't spend so much money on clothes, I tend to spend my money elsewhere. (This is horrible, right? Why can't I just save money instead of spending it!)

Things I've been crazy about:
1. Make up. All kinds, from mineral make-up, to cheap drugstore brands, to expensive department store brands, to false eyelashes (yes, I can barely believe it myself).

2. Hair care products. Having just coloured and permed my hair in the last 2 months, I've become rather obsessed with having the right conditioner and shampoo to maintain my hair. (My hair costs me quite a bit so I figure, just spend a bit more to maintain it! Is this called rationalisation?)

3. Skin care. I just blew quite a bit at Metro's 20% storewide sale last weekend. All in the good name of stocking up since it's 20% off and you hardly get 20% off for skincare right? (Rationalisation again?)

I should be saving up, especially with another kid on the way. I have given/thrown away most of my baby things like cots, playpens etc, and probably need to 'invest' in some capital expenditure for the kid. But, I haven't bought anything for the baby yet, wondering if there will be another "Sale Worth Waiting" for between now and September?

My next doctor's visit is on 22 May, and hopefully I"ll get to find out whether I'm having a girl or boy. I half suspect it's a girl, 'cos my skin has been glowing and nice, but then again, it could be due to the large amount of skin care products I've been lavishing on my face and the copious amounts of sleep I've been getting each night. haha! I've started to feel the baby kick since last week, especially when I settle down to sleep. Quite an incredible feeling! :)

1 comment:

twosweetkids said...

haha. er.. i spend money on all those + clothes... :P