Friday, August 17, 2007

Update.

I'm back from Hong Kong! What an experience it was! It rained everyday when we were there, and on the day we went to Disneyland, there was a typhoon signal 8 hoisted! That meant the park closed early (about 3 pm) and we were stranded in Disneyland Hollywood Hotel, for fear that the public transport system would shut down! Photos to come soon!

Back home, I am trying out Simplicity 3887. Unfortunately, due to the extremely soft material I chose, the shirt looked a bit out of shape after I tacked (basted?) it last night. It has been sent to Sewing ER - my maid S - to sort out. I conclude that unlike its name, such patterns are not really that simple. LOL. I hope it will be wearable by this weekend. Lesson learnt - never use this kind of soft, silky material to make a garment that requires precise cutting! :P Will post a pic if it is presentable. If not, I will have to give it another shot using normal cotton!

That's all for now! This weekend I hope the weather holds up - we hope to visit the zoo! :)

No comments: