Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hello 2008!

So, I realise, it's about 23 days too late to welcome 2008! Better late than never I guess! I haven't updated my blog in eons because I thought nobody reads it, but over the last weekend, a few people asked me, "How come you haven't updated your blog for so long?". That's when I was pleasantly surprised that people do read my blog hehe! (if you're one of those, please leave a comment!)

So far, it has been a rather eventful 2008. C started P1 in her new school, everything was great except for a school bus incident last week. I won't say more because talking about it makes me tear.

Then, there was the decision to wind down The Velvet Cat. It wasn't an easy decision to make, but I felt we weren't quite devoting the time and attention it really needed to grow well. We had our last open house on Saturday, and I must say I will definitely miss these events and the people we have met throughout the past 18 months or so. (Sales pitch: Do check out our online sale which starts tonight!)

On the crafty side, nothing much is happening, sad to say. The personal entertainment side has been much more enriching. I've read a couple of great books (The Overlook and Momzillas most recently) and watched an exciting drama serial (The Golden Path). I am also hooked on The Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass! I played the long-ago version of The Legend of Zelda and playing this just brings back fond memories! Of course, this version for the Nintendo DS is even more fun, because it really exploits the features of the DS such as touch-screen, mic etc!

Ok, does this long post make up for lost time? :) I will try my best to update my blog regularly this year!

5 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

ah.. finally!!! :) i will definitely miss TVC.. A LOT!

..feli.. said...

I read your blog too! i check it regularly :)

Chunnie said...

yes, i enjoy reading ur blog. keep ur entries coming pls!

meta-lodestar said...

welcome back!! Hope C is ok! winding down of TVC doesn't mean we don't meet up ok!!

jowong said...

Me too will miss TVC. Even hubby thinks it is a pity.

I do visit your blog regularly. Sometimes I got discouraged on the low visiting count but got to remind myself that I blog for my own, not to earn extra bucks from it.
Keep them coming. Is good to keep in contact on the net.