Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Project Runway

heheh...that's how I would like to describe my first attempt in recent years in sewing something for myself! Using Amy Butler fabric and a pattern from Skirt a la Carte, here it is:


By the way, the book is also available in Kinokuniya, where i grabbed it at 20% off last weekend. The finish of the skirt is far from perfect, and I basically 'winged' it at certain parts due to my lack of understanding of Japanese. Anyway, I must say I am rather happy with my effort!

On to other things, I had some frustration dealing with some of TVC's suppliers from the US of A. Delayed shipments, incorrect email addresses, lack of responses, voicemails... I am glad that I managed to get something done last night/this morning, although it meant I had to be awake from 4 am!! Now that everything's settled (more or less!), I'm really looking forward to next Saturday's Open House!

5 comments:

JACQ said...

woohoo! this looks perfect! :) now u make me want to do a skirt too!

Sasha Farina said...

nice skirt!! :)

meta-lodestar said...

WOW! it's a very nice skirt! practise makes perfect!! I'm tempted!

Scrappy Days said...

Lovely!

lialuvsblythes said...

Lina! That's really nice! So summer-y!