Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New interests.

This weekend, something happened! I developed an interest in some new hobbies!

Golf. Dh bought me a golf set this weekend! We started out bringing R for his first golf lesson at Keppel Club, and on Sunday, when we went shopping to kit him up properly for his next lesson, guess what we bought instead? A half-set for me! These aren't the newest clubs in town but hey, I'm not a pro either. And besides, they look great :) I actually played about 15 yrs back, and now I'm starting again! My first golf lesson is next week, with a Tobey Maguire look-alike :) Well, a cute coach is always an incentive! Dh is the happiest I'm picking the game up, he's been bugging me for a couple of years now!

Sewing. OK, I can't say I've done much about this. I probably last sewed 10 yrs or more ago. But when your sister is crazy about sewing and keeps buying lovely fabrics, a new machine, and pattern books, how do you stay neutral? I've got my eye set on this pattern:


I'm taking over my mum's sewing machine that has just been serviced and repaired, and I hope to be able to post my first work soon!

I have a history of having short-lived hobbies (save for things like reading, and shopping. LOL). Scrapbooking is about the longest-lived hobby I've had so far (2 yrs and counting) and I hope I will stay the course for my new hobbies ! What's your longest lasting hobby?

3 comments:

JACQ said...

go go go! :) heehee... it's difficult to resist right!
wahahaha...

Sasha Farina said...

hehhehehe.... good luck Lina!

Scrappy Days said...

Yipee! Cant wait to see your many many creations!!